Emergency aid for students from Lebanon is suspended until further notice for new applicants.
In light of recent circumstances in Beirut, Lebanon, the American University of Armenia (AUA) has launched a scholarship program for AUA students who have been impacted by the devastating crisis. The emergency fund was made possible through the generous support of the Manoogian Simone Foundation.
Students currently studying in any of AUA’s bachelor’s, master’s, and certificate programs are eligible to apply for the program, even if they are already receiving some form of financial aid. The scholarship opportunity is also extended to future bachelor’s, master’s, and certificate applicants from Lebanon, regardless of their ethnicity, who apply and are admitted to study at AUA. In addition to tuition assistance, the University offers financial aid to cover accommodation in AUA dormitories for all qualified students who demonstrate need.
Students who wish to apply for future semesters must send an email to [email protected] containing the following:
- Documentation of Lebanese citizenship;
- Documentation of Lebanese residency address;
- Essay describing the following:
- Sources of income for the household, and the impact of the Beirut explosion on these sources of income, if any;
- List of assets and the damage to these assets by the Beirut explosion, if any (attach photos if available);
- Requested percentage of financial aid;
- Indication of the need of accommodations (AUA-provided dorm or housing), as well as the ability to cover the cost of accommodations independently.